Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Corpse Bride Gains Custody of Children in Messy Divorce

Nubile Gints,

Since my last blog entry I have executed the Port Clinton Performing Arts Festival in an administrative capacity, resumed classes, auditioned for OSU's fall season, and become a teacher of undergraduates. How do such things come to pass? Time itself knows, I do not. Well I do, but I am slow of speech and dry of tongue.

Port Clinton was a strange trip. I administratorially passed out money to performers for them to feed themselves - thus making me the most beloved and despised creature in their midst. I also flew about by the seat of my pants attempting to have the right answers to questions. Being behind the scenes is a weird and anticlimactic place to be. Ultimately, I am glad that I had the experience but I would prefer to be on the performing side of the microphone next year.

Classes are kicking my ass into a trunk formation. I have to read every ancient Greek play extant by october 12th. WHAT!? How is that concievable?? That's what I get for enrolling in the History, Literature, and Criticism area of the Department of Theatre. Damnz.

I auditioned for Rocky Horror and the "Sam Shepard Shorts" which consist of "Cowboy Mouth" and "Icarus' Mother". Callbacks are on Sunday, so it's nice that I'll have a day of downtime before stepping up to the planks again and vying (sp) for a role. Onga bonga.

My Destructicon will visit soon. I cannot wait. I have been shrouded in night and could use a little sunshine. :)

Monkey pour coffee in mein moots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home