Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Televisions, U-Hauls, and other skullduggery

mmm.

Here's the skinny on my latest shinanigans(sp):

Yesternight I was in a state of mental disrupititude and so I decided to cash in on my long-awaited birthyday present: a new TV set. I went to my local grocer's/clothier/home and garden outlet/electronics boutique (Target) and demanded a new Daewoo television set. They wheeled the cumbersome lummox of cathode-ray housing to the register and I casually donned the yoke of credit card debt. I told the kind workers not to bother with sending an extra employee out to the parking lot to help me load the beast - thinking that this was the polite course of action.

When I got outside it was raining. "Better do this quick," said a little McGyver who lives in my head. So I hustled my cumbersome cardboard-clad friend out into drizzle and stopped beside my car. Just as I began to realize that my car was way too small to accomodate this package, a friendly consumer appeared out of the shadow realm and offered his help. I protested, but he insisted and so we forced that 27"TV + box into my delicate, red automachine. It snapped off the rearview mirror.

After stripping the box and styrofoam off of the set, and re-affixing my mirror, I set off for home. When I got there I couldnuh hoist the TV out of my car. It was heavier than I had imagined. Eventually, I wheedled it out of the backseat and onto the slick asphalt of the parking lot. My muscles, alas, would ferry the monstrous machine no further. I sprinted to my neighbor's place and, sweating profusely, asked for his immediate assistance. Thankfully, he helped and we schlepped the object into my home. Whew! Next time, I'm buying a projector. Who'm I kidding, there won't be a next time. I'mo sell this badboy for some coke money! Coca cola.

I helped my friend Anj move today. Mover's karma you understand. It was not that hard and I got a Diet Squirt out of it. Woop!

Zombies will eat your flesh, but they won't really appreciate the flavour.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home