Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Being a Tough Guy

So's I've been reading this called "The Goon." It's a tonge-in-cheek 1930's era comic book about a stereotypical gangster-era thug. Aside from the delightful atmosphere and the regualr appearance of zombies, I respect this series for its depiction of The Will. This is a subject that I've been interested in lately. Theoretically, one can do whatever one wants to if one has enough will power. Will power is the gasoline that fuels the pinto of our lives (our ambition handles the wheel).

Will. There is a certain prerequisite persistence and dedication that is necessary to the accomplishment of our goals. Keepin' it up. Sexually.

wait.

A professor (who's birthday it is today, incidentalistically) told me that I should write a mission statement for my life with individual goals listed. I both like and fear this suggestion. I don't like to commit to stating my dreams. I suppose that this is because it thrusts a responsibility upon me to achieve them. Damn and hellination. - in the Greek sense. Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fan? No, fun.

Has anyone seen the animated film "Spirited Away"? I think that a new fear of mine is that I'll become the "No Face." He consumes everything around him without really gaining anything new or contributing to his environment. Although he can give people what they want, so that's good. Ah, this bold Americanism has crudely ensnared my everyday behaviors. I should have been captured by Jinju masters as a babe and forced into mandatory training 18 hours a day. A life of Will, young Miss Wangel, Will.

bonk bonk bonk dressing for festivals.

I get pissed off at sexually free characters on stage. Maybe it's my romantically frustrated junior-high psyche coming out (nota bene: see post about www.christinacinderich.com for further reading). But stuff like Sally Bowles and Velma Kelly doing sultry numbers doesn't excite me, it makes me mad. I think there's a healthy dose of egotism in those kind of lounge/cabaret songs. Paradoxically, I feel that I constantly battle with egotism. Maybe what I dislike about these characters is just a reflection of that element in myself. They say that the stuff that we hate in others is just a projection of what we hate in ourselves. Bah bah bah. Essen mein burger buddies.

Gummi Baeren.

Gene Wilder corn-holed by childhood roomate. Willy Wonka, where art thou?

All the solutions to your equations,

Markre

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

hey...juz happened to drop *ow!* in...life can only get better from here...;)...luv n hugs!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger markre said...

Rachel,

Though I don't know you, thanks for the encouraging comment! Sometimes I forget that the entire internet has access to my blogism. Maaaaaaaaah!!!!! (punch-to-the-nose)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home