Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Skaties, Snowies, and Lainies

Pirate Jennies,

Hwad up? Lots of activities have been done within the past two weeks and I shall henceforth disclose such things unto you.

Destructicon and I took a pilgramage to our alma mater in the land of rolling hills and stayed with old friendsre. It was really great. It is lovely to escaparse the cuidad Chicago and also jawsome to visit w/ old buddies. I picked up a book called "Gospel of the Living Dead" which is a scholarly analysis of Romero's zombie films. Sound familiar? It simultaneously gives me hope and stokes my ire at not actually working to have my thesis published by the man. Oh well, I suppose that there will always be a place for it in the stacks of OSU's library. Oh yeah. We were visited by the pinkeye fairy. Poof!

Once back in town, I met with the cousin of my stepfather in order to network and learn about the grownup world of working. I'm torn between having a big kid job with full benefits and full responsibilities and having a highschool job that makes me go crazy with rage at how much I suck because I have a highschool job. I supose that time and debt will yield an answer. It is also important to not define yourself by what you do to earn money, but rather who you are when you're not out earning money. I have a job interview next week for a desk job at a security company. Not exactly my area of study, but hey - baby needs a new pair of shoes. And a plasma screen.

Went skating with Destructicon yesterday. That dynamite lady is responsible for me poking my head out of my tortise shell of an apartment and sniffing the air of the real world. Within the past four years I have ridden bikes, flown kites, taken road trips, hiked up mountains, and now skated in spite of my inner sluggard. Everyone should take the time to reach outside of their comfort zone once and awhile. It makes you look at yourself in a different light. Or at least with a different gobo. Mine's a swirley.

Oh yeah, I saw Ol' Dr. Evans-Bryan. He is cool. Still got it.

Gimme a job. Cast me in a play. Til then, I'll cover the video games.

M

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen this post til now. I appreciate the shout out.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home