Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Every day is exactly the same

Hey faerie-queens,

I've moved! Boom! I am now the proud leasee of a classy joint on the border of Chicago's "Boystown". Ah, who'm I kiddin'? I'm so in Boystown that I might as well be the mayor, or at least sheriff. Note to self: run for election next November, competition is shaking in boots.
And chaps.

Unemployed. Yes, that's me. That is the primary occupation of my time and energies. It's a funny thing looking for work in a new city with a couple of theatre degrees under your belt. I feel that I'm qualified for various jobs, but I don't want to do something that I hate. So I'm thinking about temping until a good theatre or teaching job appears. Mmmph.

In hopeful news - the Destructicon is going to move to Chicago soon. W00t! I'm excited to begin the adult life of a grownup in a real city w/ my lorve. Additionally, I've registered for Second City's Improv for Actors program. I start classes on Aug 5 - so at least I'll be training and making myself known to the community.

If I can avoid spending all of my savings on dumb things like pizza and beer, things should go pretty well up in herrr. Oh yeah, and my arch-nemesis is coming to visit my new place, so that will be a nice reunion. With knives.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home