Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Killed Gregor Samsa with Citrus-Scented Deathspray

Saw the biggest insect (outside of the zoo) in my life last night. It was a giant beetle or mutant cockroach of some sort, skittering around in my new apartment's bathroom. Imagine my supreeze! In a state of revulsion, I brandished a can of roach-doom and aerosoled the tiny giant into a gasping death. For the rest of the night I smelled the orangey odor of murder and felt a spiritual disquietude.

I had a Kafelunsch with my brilliant associate King Richard II. We had intended to sample the feaux-Indian cuisine of Taj II (a restaurant so nice they named it deuce). Unfortunately, we discovered that ALL Indian restaurants in the High Street area are closed from 2-5. This is some sort of subcontinental CONSPIRACY! The fiends! I wanted mines curried murgh! And delicious naan bread. Gah! Oh well. We went to the darling and quaint Cafe Mozart instead, where I dined on "curried" chicken salad, soup, and scones. SCONES!!

Yesterday I did a little theatricalization of a play written by OSU's former FTAD of Theatre, M. Elbow. It's an interesting metaphor for adult life being akin to children playing on a playground. The satirization of academia inherent in Act II is supremely appreciated by me. Oh, did I mention that I've been assigned the job of teaching at OSU next fall? I'm delighted! Finally, a group of tender minds will fall prey to my knowledge-pellets. True, I'm not teaching lecture, only recitation, but all the same I should be able to make an impact on some young humans. Muuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! *snarl*

TENODIAC!

Markre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home