Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Feelings of remorse for our contemporaries

Combing through the internet this afternoon I've managed to run across the names (well, screenames) of three different former friends whom I've alienated through arguments, fundamental disagreements, or deliberate choices. I realize that I've often been unwise or insensitive in my treatment of others. People do indeed change as time passes, and old business that I was angry about back in high school or college now seem unimportant. I suppose that this is the case with everybody - that's why you see the old man in the movies seeking deathbed reconciliations. It is a tricky endeavour to advance your own well-being at the expense of someone else's feelings. If you try to spare the feelings others by denying your own wishes, you can often turn a bad situation even worse. I suppose that my point is that I'm not without remorse for hurting the friends of my youth. Hmm. Sorry it's not funny, this one. Hey: goats raped my sofa. Okay, that might be a sensitive issue as well... Damnit.

Muh. I gotta get out of the apartment.

Mr. Norrell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home