Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Damnit, Janet

Greetings net-heads,

I have been a reticent blogger of late due to an enormity of work, a dis-economy of energy, and a blatantly petulent demeanor in regard to one's professional duties. Needless to say, nothing of great import has happened since I last left you (all).

Oh yeah - I went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in one of those beer-selling theaters. It was a strange and subversive socio-natal cesspool. The likes of which I haven't seen/felt since I dated a monstrous counter-culture girl in 10th grade. Anyway, me and my theatre sissies went all dolled up like Manhattan whores.

I'm what you call a "virgin" to this cultish sect, and as such I had the opportunity to take part in their ritualistic hazing process. I reasoned, 'what the hell, I'll subject myself to ridicule, these are after all strangers.' The injustices to which I was subjected (intentionally omitted for the sake of my impressionable foster-children) didn't really embarrass me that much. I think that working in the theatre/improv comedy channels for long enough can really bolster one's humiliation threshold. Plus, hazing the "virgins" is all about directing attention towards them, and as every interstellar botanist knows, my roots grow strong when supplied with attention. I order the attention lover's pizza. I put the "fish" back in "selfish".

Eat my crud, crud-sucker.

M

1 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

teach me to write like you...I love it...your words drip like my mouth salivates...I'm fucking pavlov's dog for you! And when I use the word fucking there, I mean it as an adjective. How the fuck are you markre?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home