Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Vaclav Havel declares redneck costume unfunny

Hey schoone's!

My brother's cat - pooba - lost its eye in an epic battle with a sith lord on Thanksgiving night. I now give thanks for my eyes. Thanks for the eyes. I assume that the phantom menace was a bird because the cat's cornea was inflicted with severe pokerage in with much cut-throughification. Poor little beast. Well, Pooba has had her fair share of mouse/bird souls on her kill record. Live by the claw, die by the claw. Only God can judge her now.

I haif an audition tomorrow for a touring production of Midsummer Night's Dream. It's a very strange occurence. The chair of my department, co-incidentally sharing the same surname with the chair of my old department, stopped me in one of the university's corridors and asked why I hadn't auditioned at the appropriate time. I explained that I had been swamped with work (pronounced 'woark') and that I had to painfully shed my performance gluttony in leiu of donning the steel-woollen robes of the academic researcher. She offered me the opportunity to do a cold-read of some of the play in her office. This is both surprising and flattering. When destiny tickles your gills, my friend you do not shy away.

CHECK CHECK 1,2,3! Hey you, are you able to reply to this blog of mine? Are you prompted to own your own blog account when you try to reply? Because I'm trying to amend that so's that anyone can respond to my posts. I feel like I'm in a frickin' bubble here...

Making chocolate "ice cream",
Cookie Puss

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Markre, if one of these days I can muster half your insane referencing genius, I will have a decent post. Luck with the audition; you should be acting. Just wanted to let you know I was reading, and that even though it's a bitch, I've found decent curry in the backwaters of China. Love to Willi, D.M.B.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home