Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Yes. Online.

If you're seeing this messnej then my blog is back up and running. I hope this is the case. Obi Wan Kenobi, thou'rt mine only hope.

Hey hey, I was thinking....

Ok check it....

I'm always telling myself that I don't want to grow up to be my father and every year I watch in horror as I incrimentally become more and more like the man. This creates mental/spiritual distress, no? Well what about this thought then? As offspring, we are the immortalization of our parents. We are their living memorials, testaments to the fact that they did indeed exist although they may be now dead. So as progeny, it is our duty to our parents to share that which makes them fundamentally them. What that is exactly is hard to put one's finger on.

There's also the struggle for identity. How can I be satisfied living as a clone of my father when I want to forge my own identity to be remembered for/as? I want to pass my own identity on through my children, do I not? This is a case of the individual verses the Other. I think that ultimately, who we are is neither the result of our own choice nor is it the effect of our parents' biological footprints.

Hmm... Biological imperative. The Frosty North, YES! We shall be 21st century men! We shall wear our beards long! Ha-Ha!

Sensuously,

Echo the Dolphin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home