Markre de Sol: Behind the Ramparts and Dreaming

One man's quest to articulate the grunts and gurgles of modern life.

Name:
Location: Chicagrocrag, IL, Fiji

I got like, this big, big stick of gum. I chew it a little bit at a time, because I wanna savor it.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The life unfinish-!

Hey Kafkas,

Which one of you blog-afficionados out there who are reading this will be the first to die? I'm not saying that I'm going to kill you, don't misunderstand. I mean, one of us has to be first right? What if it's you? What would that be like?

I always like to imagine that the day after I die the earth will be plunged into a grey, sunless, miasma. Pestilence and anxiety will permeate the streets. Historical landmarks will chip and crumble, sending bands of tourists fleeing blindly into traffic. And, out of respect and regret, all my enemies will commit ritualistic and unprofessional suicide by slicing capillaries that bleed out far too slowly to facilitate a quick and painless death. But hey, that's just me.

So here's the scary thing... We could die without accomplishing what it is that we truly want to accomplish. It gives weight to the argument that one should live in the moment and for the moment. Carpe diem as it were. The problem with that of course (as is evidenced in my case) is that you'll get fat if you do that.

So don't live for the moment. Watch your diet and exercise regularly.

Then get hit by a truck.

Fuck. Ok. Live for the moment a little bit, but not too much. Achieve a state of balance. Be as an Eastern philosopher would wish you to be. Because if you do whatever you want whenever you want, you would never get your bills paid. And everyone would hate you. Unless, of course, you're Jesus in which case doing what you want is helping others. Except for money lenders. He'll kick you in the ball-i-cules if you're a money lender.

Life is a glorious explosion. And the greatest among us are merely shrapnel.

Are you going to be incinerated upon detonation, or are you going to lodge yourself for all time into the femur of a foreign G.I.?

Now let's get out there and make an impression!

Lovre,

Markre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home